Re: FC11 missing dependencies on a new install

suvayu ali wrote:
Hi Robert,

2009/10/30 Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Don't hijack threads. Changing the Subject line is not enough.

poc
Um, what did I miss?

I don't see in my original message what I hijacked?

Yes, I will 'admit' that to get the fedora address, I clicked on reply to a
posting.  Then deleted the complete text of the message and changed the
subject.

So what did Thunderbird leave of the original message, because I can't see
anything in the message I have in my folder...

The threading still stays, so your message gets buried inside the
original thread. This makes it difficult both for responder to find
your message and for you to get prompt help as it doesn't appear as a
new thread in many email clients. If you had right clicked the
fedora-list address and clicked "compose mail to", this would have
created a new thread.

But then I have to open the message first!   Yeah I get lazy. :)

I hope this clarifies Patrick's objection.

One of the things I dislike about Thunderbird is the way it hides headers and how hard it is to show them, even with the couple of plugins I've got. I miss Eudora and 'YadaYada' button. I guess I have forgotten a lot about SMTP; Dave Crocker would raze me, but I have no intention of telling him!