Re: tex-live

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Phil Meyer <pmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/27/2009 12:10 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In fedora 11, it is still the version 2007 of tex-live which available.
>> When 2008 is going to be available ?
>> Can I just install it from the tex-live-2008.iso image ?
>>
>> thank
>>

> As to when, I wish I knew.
>
> However, I have installed from the iso, and it puts everything in
> /usr/local, so its 'safe' to use.

This is my experience. If you are a serious tex user, and disk space
isn't an issue, it's much more convenient to just install TeXLive
completely, rather than to have to know which packages are grouped
into which rpm. It's far more convenient than using the Fedora rpms.
And more uptodate.

And TeXLive 2009 is supposed to be just days away from release, with a
decent updater.

Kirk