Re: Fedora 11 freeze with kernel panic on HP laptop

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Aioanei Rares <schaiba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have successfully updated a HP Compaq 6730s laptop (FreeDOS) from
>> fedora 10 to fedora 11 (Using DVD and yum update),  after gdm login
>> (about 3mn after login), Fedora freezes and  i get kernel panic with
>> Plymouth splash screen (Fedora logo) raised, i think that intel drm
>> driver is buggy so how i can disable it ? (i don't think that is a
>> Plymouth problem because i have changed it to text mode and the
>> problem still raise but i get the VT console instead of Plymouth
>> splash).
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Best regards.
>>

> If you really think it's a bug in the Intel driver module (which HAS lots of
> problems) , change your driver to VESA and let me(us) know if your problems
> go away.
>
> --

After disabling of VirtualBox (VirtualBox-3.0.8_53138_fedora11-1.i586)
kernel modules (chkconfig vboxdrv stop), the problem has gone.

Now i use qemu with kqemu (after recompiling of qemu SRPM since fedora
11 qemu packages are build without kqemu support)

Thanks for all.

Best regards.
--
Athmane Madjoudj