Re: How to check cpu temperature?

On 10/17/2009 03:20 AM, Mikkel wrote:
Aioanei Rares wrote:
On 10/16/2009 11:19 PM, Mikkel wrote:
This is normally caused by a BIOS that does not support the ACPI CPU
temperature output. You may be able to get the temperature by
configuring lmsensors.

With a Dual core CPU, you should geempet 2 different temperature
displays - one for each core. But to get them under thermal_zone, it
has to be supported by the BIOS.

Mikkel

If entering the BIOS menu, does it show the CPU temp and all that jazz?
If it's a BIOS issue, it's less likely that sensors support will help
much. A BIOS flash/update might help a great deal.

You would think that would be the case. But in practice, you can
have a BIOS that will read the same sensors that lmsensors supports,
but will not provide cpu temps as part of its ACPI interface. I have
a motherboard like that, and it has the latest BIOS available. (I am
no stranger to upgrading a BIOS, or other firmware.)

Mikkel
AFAIK, Asus mobos are best known do to such wonders.