Re: How do you display cpu temperature?

Aioanei Rares wrote:
> First of all, maybe he's not usin KDE. Second , if the kernel doesn't
> know how to read temp data from hardware, how do you suppose that this
> wonder plasmoid will? Think about it. ;)

The kernel display in /proc/acpi is driven by the ACPI interface in
the BIOS. Lmsensors is a combination of kernel drivers and a
user-space program that reads motherboard sensors in a different
method. You have to tell the kernel what modules to load in order to
access the sensors.

For example, I have a ASUS P4R800-VM motherboard that does not
support ACPI access to cpu temperature, but does support temperature
reporting using lmsensors. But you do have to configure lmsensors to
get the proper outputs, and not all motherboards have sensors.

Mikkel