Re: Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere and Fedora 11

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 15:14 -0400, Fabio Jara wrote:
> I'm currently heaving some doubts about an update that i need to do.
> Here it goes.
>
> I have to install Fedora 11 with Samba and Sybase Adaptive Server
> Anywhere, to work with a program manufactured by a third party.
> Currently there is a server running Red Hat 5.0 with and old Samba and
> also and old Sybase ASA version 7.0.2.
>
> The machine have to be changed to give better LAN processing for the
> system of the third party. So, i need to migrate the database and the
> samba file sharing to the Fedora 11 machine,

If you're using Red Hat Linux, have you considered CentOS?  It's based
on RHEL, it's free, it has a much longer lifespan than Fedora.  The last
one is a godsend with servers that'd be a pain to migrate data across.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.