Re: bournal reviews please !?!

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 20:11 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi;

I just noticed the Bournal application that is new to me appear in the
announcement list.

"Summary     : Write personal, password-protected journal entries
Description :
Bournal is a bash script that allows you to keep a personal,
minimalistic, password-protected journal, log, or diary. It
includes encryption, regexp searches, and a date-sorted list
for editing old entries. Since Bournal is pure bash, it should
be easily editable for the CLI-savvy."

This sounds like something I have been looking for.  Is anybody using
it?

I have checked their site and googled for additional information, but
the main questions I have are not answered.

I want a encrypted, password protected, container/file into which I can
store things like some personal data, site passwords, and bank account
numbers and passwords.  I am not highly secrecy oriented or paranoid so
I don't want or need something will completely lock down my computer or
create a new partition.  Instead I want something that will let me have
a modicum of protection from prying eyes, yet will give me easy access
to my data when I forget something.  It doesn't have to be large, 1 Mb
at the very most.  I want an application that will be around for a while
so that I am not caught without access if the world changes.  That is
why the idea of it being a bash script is appealing.

Has anybody used or worked with Bournal?  Do you think it meets my
outlined light weight type needs?  Is it easy to work with?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3

I'm using vi with encryption. Not sure this is the best options, but works for me.

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857