F11 on an Acer Aspire 6930 laptop

I'm following this web page to install Fedora 11 x86_64 on an
Acer Aspire 6930 laptop:

http://www.sixtyfourbit.org/LinuxEM64T-2.htm

I did the install on sda5, with a swap on sda6.  I did not resize
the Windows partition and left sda1, 2 and 3 alone.  GRUB was
installed on sda5.  After the Fedora 11 install, the GRUB menu
shows and I can start Fedora.  That's fine but, Windows will not
start if I choose the 'Other' option of the GRUB menu.  Instead,
after a brief screen showing 'Microsoft ... loading files 'the
Acer eRecovery management app shows up with exit as the only
option (I presume because it does not see an of the recovery
DVD).  After exit, the laptop reboots.

I have made recovery backup DVDs, as well as a driver/app backup
so in theory I should be able to re-initialize the laptop back
to default and try again.

Normally I wouldn't care for Windows, but this is a gift (some
might argue a poisonous one due to the presence of Vista :-) and
would like ot offer it with the addition of Fedora while keeping
Windows.

Anyone using Fedora 11 x86_64 on an Acer Aspire 6930 laptop ?
Anyone seen that kind of problem ?  Could you describe how you
did it if you have a working dual boot machine ?

Any reply very much appreciated.