Re: recovering mp3 files

Dave Stevens wrote:
I have an external drive formatted ntfs that had some mp3 files that were erased by mistake. I've tried both foremost and scalpel to recover them but neither supports mp3 file format. Does anyone have a suggestion about a program that might work for this?

Dave

I cannot remember clearly but I believe that Foremost can find mp3 files by adding the correct headers/footers into the configuration file. You can configure the file to look for only one type of file. I found this out when I needed to recover some photos. My camera headers and footers were different than the default.

It has been awhile since I used it.

http://foremost.sourceforge.net/

--
Robin Laing