Re: Fedora 11: Very very slow graphics rendering

On 10/13/2009 04:14 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
Jwalant Natvarlal Soneji wrote:
Problem: Fedora 11 is very very slow while it comes to rendering
graphics. It makes the experience really very poor. Clicking on any
menu or opening of any item is dead slow. And then I will have to wait
and see each and every part of its message boxes, screens, buttons

PC Configuration:
Athlon AMD 1500+ (1.3 GHz)
RAM: 1GB
Swap size: 1 GB
/ partition size: 12GB

Note: Fedora 10 was working great!

If you are having graphics rendering problems, don't you think it would
be a good idea to tell folks what graphics card you are using and what
driver?

I doubt it's Fedora, more likely it's the graphics card or more so the driver. I had difficulties with S3 cards for years, couldn't get drivers that did good 3D. My graphics problems disappeared when I changed to Geforce graphics cards about 6 years ago.
F11 with Blender runs at a blistering pace.
System monitor shows that F11 even with Blender 3D graphics and youtube video running doesn't use any swap.
I would suggest also 2 gig memory if you can.
Roger