Re: Fedora 11 and MAC external drive

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 20:49 -0700, Mick M. wrote:
> Hello list;
>  I have a friend that has a Mac laptop.
> We want to share an external USB drive.
>
> How should I format the drive?
> He says that Snow Leopard 10.5 cannot R/W NTFS.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20090913140023382 appears
to contradict this.

> I tried searching the web with no luck.
> I know nothing about Apple products.

Other than NTFS, the easiest is to use FAT, which the disk is probably
formatted in anyway. Be aware of FAT's many limitations (no links, files
sizes, naming restrictions etc.). Experiment with NTFS before putting
any important data on the drive and then make a decision.

When you say "share an external drive" I assume you mean take turns
plugging it into one machine or the other. Current access is not going
to work unless one of the machines is a file server for the other.

poc