Re: Can ISPs be trusted?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 23:51:10 +0500,
>   gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>
>> > will help protect you from "private doorbell" type stuff.
>>
>> What's "private doorbell" type stuff?
>
> What's "google".

It's a place where you get all kind of answers that are sometimes
irrelevant, or very approximative, or only understandable is you already
know the answer, or plain wrong and, quite rarely for subjects that the
drones at your ISP couldn't answer, informative.

I took a look before writing my answer and the information I got is it's a
mean for people on the net or your ISP to take a look at the data on your
computer *before* it's encrypted.

Since everybody here seem to agree that such a feat is impossible(1), it's
rather surprising. Otherwise, encryption wouldn't make much sense.

(1) https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-October/msg00691.html