Re: Using a USB Hub on Linux ?

Mark Perew wrote:
> Folks -
>
> You can argue that USB isn't supposed to do this, but in reality it
> works.  My wife uses Windows XP and I set her up with an IOGear USB
> 2.0 Peripherals Sharing Hub, model GUB201.  It has worked wothout a
> hitch in letting her switch one printer between her desktop and
> laptop.
>
> Ergo, it CAN be done.

Please do not top post. It is frowned upon on this mailing list, and
goes ageist the list guidelines.

It can be done with a switch, but not a hub. The "Peripherals
Sharing Hub" is really a switch by another name. The OP did not want
to use a USB switch. (I am not sure he knew about automatic USB
switches, or software controlled ones.)

Mikkel
--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.