Re: kickstart -- refreshing rpm's.

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 14:54 -0700, gary artim wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [Please don't top post.  Thanks.]
> >
> > gary artim wrote:
> >> thanks will read more on this. So would this be a additiion step or
> >> replacement step (just being lazy now) to using the DVD iso image.
> >
> > I don't know exactly how you are using the DVD iso image in your
> > kickstart, so I can't say.  I have kickstart configurations that
> > include the 'Everything' and 'updates' repositories, e.g.:
> >
> > repo --name=fedora --baseurl=http://example.com/path/to/everything
> > repo --name=updates --baseurl=http://example.com/updates
> >
> > --
> > Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
>
> Hi --
>
> Thanks for the reply....below is my .ks , i'm installing using vsftp
> on a private net.
>
> -- g.
>

> #platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
> #version=F11
> # Firewall configuration
> firewall --disabled
> # Install OS instead of upgrade
> install
> # Root password
> rootpw --iscrypted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> # Network information
> network  --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth1 --onboot=on
> # System authorization information
> auth  --useshadow  --passalgo=md5
> # Use text mode install
> text
> # System keyboard
> keyboard us
> # System language
> lang en_US
> # SELinux configuration
> selinux --disabled
> # Do not configure the X Window System
> skipx
> # Installation logging level
> logging --level=info
> # Use network installation
> url --url=ftp://10.0.1.1/install/fc11

If your boxes have a fast/unlimited internet connection, try different
mirrors near your area to see which is the fastest. This will also prove
useful for the previous message I sent on this topic (adding yum update
to the %post section).

I just did it this morning at work (we have lots of internets there) and
I got a full CentOS 5.3 system installed and running in Xen in a matter
of 10 minutes or so.

If you wanted to use the installation dvd served via FTP that will also
work but unless you want the full repository on your system, tell yum
update to take care of the work for you.

Just be careful, if you don't have a lot of monthly network bandwidth
allowed, this will definitely get rid of it in a hurry. My 60GB at home
gets mighty low when I bring up new VMs and testing setups.

Hope this helps!

Tait