Re: Printing considered hard?

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 16:36 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am sitting here in my new office and want to print from my fedora 11
> machine. Epic fail.
>
> I just had to add ServerName and Encryption to /cups/client.conf and the
> basic tools (lpr) work. But printing from firefox is impossible (print
> dlg. freezes) and setting up this config from the printer dialog is
> impossible to (connect to server shows the printers but everytime I
> select one I get a connection error without further information).
>
> How is one supposed to print in todays fedora?
>
> regards
>
> Christoph
If the client is on the same LAN as the server you should not have to
touch client.conf. Cups does not know the difference between lpr
printing and firefox printing so something sounds fishy, How about other
applications printing. If firefox is the only one that fails then the
problem is with firefox.