Re: Printing considered hard?

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Tim Waugh <twaugh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 17:04 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
>
> The change you will be expected to make on the client is to allow CUPS
> broadcast packets from the server.  To do that:
>
> 1. System->Administration->Firewall
> 2. Make sure 'Network Printing Client (IPP)' is enabled
> 3. Click 'Apply'

I think I may be having the same (or similar problem). I've been
running F11 on my desktop since shortly after release but my wife as
been running F10 until just recently, however the problem seemed to be
present for her on both F10 and F11. She was using auto-discovered
printer queues for a while but at some point they just disappeared so
I manually configured my printer (over IPP). After upgrading her
(actually fresh install) to F11 and opening up the firewall
auto-discover once again worked (for a day or two), then just
yesterday she tried to print and all the printer queues were gone
again.

My network is a simple home network, all one subnet (192.168.0.X) She
is working over wireless on a laptop but that shouldn't matter. She
does not sleep/hibernate her laptop as it doesn't work well so that
shouldn't be causing any issues.

I can provide more config info but nothing was changed by me or my
wife from the time it was working to the time it stopped.

Richard