Re: An old X11 routine -xgrabsc-

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 20:16 -0600, Reg Clemens wrote:
> In the 'old' X11, there used to be a program xgrabsc, which would
> 'grab' a portion of the screen.  ...  That routine is long gone, I
> have to assume that something has replaced it, but I have no idea what
> it would be.  Any ideas?

On Gnome, there's the PRINT SCREEN button, pressed by itself for the
full screen, or with the ALT key for just the active window.

You can run The Gimp, and then capture a screen through it.  Which is
more useful, as you can make it delay the capture, giving you time to
set things up that mightn't, otherwise, be captured (menus, etc.).

No doubt, there's others, too.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686