Last FC10 Kernel update - machine locks up after a fews hours or a day

Since the last Fedora 10 kernel update from a couple of days ago my stable, up to then, FC 10 box now locks up regularly.

The only thing I see in the log file is the message below:

Oct 4 09:01:01 localhost kernel: crond[26192] general protection ip:9317f4 sp:bfdff2d8 error:0 in libnss_files-2.9.so[930000+b000]

I see quite a few of these messages.

Is this the reason why I'm seeing lockups?

I found I may have to reboot the machine at least twice in a row to
get it back to what appears to be a normal functioning state. The first reboot required the "Big Red Switch" since Nothing was working.

As a test I removed the crond daemon, using yum extender, and then reinstalled it to see how it goes. Until I did the double reboot above even yum wouldn't work, complained about a python module being missing.

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO