Re: [Bulk] Installing Windows afterFedora

Fabio Jara wrote:
I have the same issue about windows, recently the university that i work have buy a package of windows 7 and before that they have the windows Vista and XP.

The internal system that they use here to manage all the database of students work only on windows, so i put some effort into Virtual machine work, and find out that it was the best solution to this issue, you can install any windows ( at least in Fedora 11 i have tested ) and it works, you have your own linux machine, you do not need to change to an OS that you aren't used at.

Today, i have my Notebook HP with Fedora 11, and two Virtual Machines on it, one with Windows XP and the other with Windows 7. An they work perfectly, and the best side of it is that i have my Fedora :D ( yes, i'm in love with Fedora ).

Hope my advice enlighten you to the good side of the force ( yes, that too )

I probably should have included in my first post that this will be to test some video cards which are not supported, or poorly supported, in Linux. I have doubts about doing this from a VM, timing and real mode issues could be present, and passing PCI cards to a VM while ignoring them in Linux is high voodoo.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>