Re: A CPU monitor

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Reid Rivenburgh <reidr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Conky is highly customisable as well, in addition to using less PC resources:
>>
>> http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html
>> http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/create-a-custum-conky-setup/
>
> Do you know if there's any way to integrate conky
> into a gnome panel?  That would be ideal.  I guess I could probably
> fiddle with the height of the panel and just display conky above or
> below the panel.
>
> Thanks,
> Reid

Not that I know of since Conky basically runs off the desktop. I have
Conky running from a custom ~/.conkyrc file on the desktop and use the
'Workspace Switcher' applet to view it (Note that the 'Show Desktop'
applet won't work as it minimizes the conky display as well), you can
have a look at this thread from Ubuntu Forums:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865&highlight=.conkyrc

Has a number of .conkyrc files for customized Conky's, you may find
one to suit your needs. My current ~/.conkyrc is a modified one from
that thread.

Jay

--
Linux User 483705 | openSUSE 11.1, Ubuntu 9.04  (i686) w/ Windows XP
Smolts Profile: