Re: Grub, Dual Boot

On 10/01/2009 08:01 PM, Aldo Foot wrote:
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Jim<mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Dual booting with WinXP and Fedora 11.

Hard Drive 0    sda1  WindowsXP

Hard Drive 1    sdb1  /boot   Fedora 11

Isn't the command  grub-install  /dev/sda  what you do to write grub to boot
from
sda ?

I ran that command from fedora 11 but it still wants to boot from WindowsXP
_____

Are you able to see the GRUB splash image at all when you're booting?
The question is aimed at understanding whether you want to just change the
boot default to Win or F11 or whether you're able to boot to F11 at all.

~af

Well guys I got brave and went into the BIOS and found sdb was disabled and I enabled it and Grub does read and boot, and I now can go into Windows or Fedora.

So I guess  grub Error 21 means it can't find a hard drive.

I want to think all of you that tried to help.