Re: NFS causing slooooow boot

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 16:50 +0000, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:03:25 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
>

> > If you're seeing long NFS resolution times on boot, check to see if
> > you're running NetworkManager as opposed to the classic network startup.
>
> I'll check, but the point is that I didn't change .ks scripts and
> previous ISO images booted fast, only the latest ISO images that I
> created are booting slowly.
>
> That is why I'm asking has anybody seen this and what change could
> produce this?

I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation, but the
fedora developers list has a thread entitled "Buyer Beware: A Major
Change in NFS is about to happen."

Disclaimer: I haven't read the thread. I am not using an NFS mount right
now.

I used an nfs mount a few years ago and it too mounted very slowly.  I
know I fixed it but I can't remember how.  Seems to me the mount process
(in fstab) could take an option which affected things.

The other thing to look for is version issues between the client and the
host in nfs and the other protocols used to implement nfs.

Hope this helps.