Re: install Eclipse plugins in home folder

* Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-09-30 13:45]:
> Eclipse seems to cache bundles based on names and versions, so if you
> put a damaged plugin to dropins/ and overwrite it (what I tried) the
> new jar will not even be read if it has the same version - no warning,
> nothing.

It checks timestamps so if you didn't touch I think the parent
directory it won't update.  This is the cause of the bug in the 3.4
series that breaks things on RPM updates.  It's fixed (but not isolated
so it's difficult to back-port) in 3.5.

Andrew