Re: Latest updates are missing a dependency

On 09/30/2009 01:33 PM, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 13:02 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Just what I planned to do.  But it seemed to be a good idea to tell the
>>> packagers that there is a problem, otherwise it might be a while before
>>> they fixed it (8-).
>>
>> If that's the goal, please use bugzilla.
>> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/<srpm name> is a shortcut.
>
> As you like, though it seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a
> walnut.

Posts in this list are not going to be read by all the maintainers
however. Very few are even subscribed to this list in the first place.

> And thanks for the shortcut.  Do you have a similar one for a packaging
> problem?

A dependency problem is just a bug and that can be filed in bugzilla.
For example,

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/coreutils

Replace coreutils with the name of the package (note that it should be
the source rpm name). You can find that using rpm -qi <packagename>.
Alternatively, look for the update at
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates and add a comment there.  You
would note that someone has already done that for this problem at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F11/FEDORA-2009-10088?_csrf_token=acb09d13248b209c26501bc9fe3059f42b2e39f1

Rahul