Re: Ebooks -- How?

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 10:24 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:55:50 -0400
>> William Case wrote:
>>
>>> I came across some ebooks online I would like to read.  Is there anyway
>>> to do it in Fedora 11 on a desktop?
>> I use and recommend fbreader.
>>
>> yum install fbreader
> Where do yoou find the ebooks?

I like Baen Free Library, as well as Baen e-books.You can also
convert other types of e-books. rbburst will take apart unencrypted
Rocket e-books. There are programs to take apart Microsoft reader
book, Mobireader, as well as Palm doc format.

My preference is to use the Open Book Format books - you can use the
.opf files to provide all the information needed. There is a Windows
program that runs under wine that will help you build them in
preparation of generating for creating .rb and .imp books. FBReader
is fussy about the syntax of the file - it does not like the format
of the file that is included with Baen HTML format e-books.

Mikkel