Re: How do you clear a botched kernel on a PPC system?

On 09/26/2009 08:27 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
I find myself in another nice catch 22.
So I'm having a hard time with things today. Can someone put me out of
my misery?
Yeah, mate, take that .22 above and...

No seriously:
Without having a ppc machine, I imagine that you can hit escape or any key during boot, so that you get the boot loader's option menu, and move the cursor to the previous kernel entry, hit enter...

As long as the older working kernel is still installed, it should be enough to yum remove kernel.specific.bad.version, and the rpm should take care of setting the previous versions item as the one to boot.

DaveT.