Re: [Solved] Re: Where are the english dictionaries for OOo, Firefox, Evolution, etc?

> gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx:
>>> It seems they're not spelled with i18n or aspell.
>
>> They're under:
>>
>> /usr/share/myspell/
>
> It's interesting that many of the languages in there are links to
> another, as some of the languages (e.g. en_AU and en_GB) aren't 100% the
> same as each other.
>
> For example, although it's acceptable to spell some words ending with
> ise or ize, such as "advertise," under some circumstances, where I live
> (in Australia).  Under stricter circumstances, such as an English
> assignment marked by a strict teacher, you might earn a fail on your
> written work.

French has the advantage that spelling is the same all over the world.
Only some words and expressions are used in some countries and not others.

For instance, in Quebec, we use compétitionner (compete), whereas in
France, they seemingly ignore this word and say concurrencer. In France,
they ignore the word dispendieux (costly), though it's part of all the
most standard French dictionary and commonly used in Quebec.

But, whenever you use a word, it's spelled the same way.