Re: Update problem

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:31:19 +1000, Roger wrote:

> >> No one has mentioned this but I can't install the latest round of
> >> updates becausew of problems with mono-.. rpms conflicting with mono-...
> >> rpms that the system is trying to install. If someone has solved this I
> >> would like to know how.

File a bug report. There are more conflicts. They are packaging mistakes.

> > I had similar problem on F9. Before fresh-installing F10 I did '# yum
> > update --disablerepo=[mono.repo]'
> > But that doesn't look like a solution...
> >
> Don't know if it helps with mono files but lately when I run into that
> problem
> In a terminal,  I yum remove the offending files  then run the update
> app again.

Well, if you choose to remove packages manually, all what might happen
during the next yum update is that those packages are not needed and then
you won't see the conflicts, of course. But the conflicts might return
later as long as they are present in the packages. So, better report such
conflicts in bugzilla.

> I've noticed that yum occasionally does not remove old files but don't
> know why.

Give a concrete example with detailed terminal output.