Re: booting fedora 11 from a fedora 10 grub?

 >>> I've installed fedora 11 on the second sata drive. The machine
 >>> boots off the first of these drives and the ide one contains windows.
 >>> I copied the lines out of
 >>> grub.conf on the f11 disk, and copied them to the grub.conf of the
 >>> first disk, and reinstalled.

 >>    why did you reinstall ?
 >>    If I am not mistaken ,
 >>   that will generate a new different UUID
 >>   and then the old stanza willl fail.

 > The F11 isn't a reinstall, it's a first time install on a clean drive.

This seems to contadict your original email, which says you
   "copied the lines out of.. f11 disk,
    and copied them to the grub.conf.... ,and reinstalled"

That says to me you had the f11 installed,
then did the copy,
then reinstalled.

Could you post to the list the line in your f11 /etc/fstab
for the root (/) entry? It should show the UUID.
Is it the same as you posted for UUID copied? or different?
If it is different, that is your problem.
If it is the same, I don't know.

Jack