Re: Update to 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 duplex problem

James Wilkinson wrote:
Anton Buenavista wrote:
Recently updated kernel to 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 and now my Fedora
system won't boot up.

It boots up to the splash screen after which I am greeted with an "alt1
0000:02:00.0: eth0 link is up 100 Mbps full duplex" on my screen. It
stops there and I am unable to do anything but restart. The old kernels
still work. Can anyone advise on how I can remedy this?

Kevin J. Cummings suggested:
Have you disabled RHGB and looked at where it hangs during startup?

Disable the “quiet” kernel parameter, too.

For a one-off check, you would do this by selecting the kernel you want
to boot in grub (you’ve evidently found how to do this), press “e” to
edit the commands before booting, move down to the kernel line, press
“e” again to edit the kernel command line, and remove the “rhgb” and
“quiet” words. Then press Enter a few times.

Hope this helps,

James.

Hey all!

Sorry for the late reply. Had a lot of work.

I disabled rhgb and quiet at boot.

The boot process exactly stops at "Registering binary handler for Windows applications". I think this is a Wine issue.

Please advise.

--
Cheers,
Anton Buenavista