Re: How to display details and severity of the updates using yum on a command-line?

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 21:57 +0100, jaivuk wrote:
> Hello poc,
>
> Thank you very much. Yes it works, but:
> - I still do not see severity
> - I cannot imagine I do it for each package displayed by "yum update".

You could write a script based on "yum check-updates" and the repoquery
line I already mentioned.

>  I believe this should be integrated into yum with severity as
> well....

AFAIK yum doesn't have a built-in concept of severity. I presume it's
something the graphical package managers add on top of yum, but I've no
idea how they do their classification unless it's by looking at the
changelog for each package.

> I think I will open feature request as yum has a "handicap" comparet
> to graphical "software update" tool - and compared to .deb based
> systems...

By all means do that.

poc

PS Please don't top-post on this list. See the Guidelines.