Re: Netbook Opinion

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:21:15 +0400
> Hiisi wrote:
>
>> Why you did so? Was it really necessary to activate window$ if you
>> only wanted to see that everything is in order?
>
> That was the easiest way to give it a quick test.  If there was a problem I
> could have returned it and exchanged it for another one without going through
> a big song and dance.
>
>> Why you didn't convert those useless window$ into cash?
>
> The aforementioned big song and dance.  It wouldn't be worth the hassle and
> argument.  I bought it as it came and made it into what I really wanted, so
> that was sufficient for me.
>
> If there was a clear procedure to follow (Send in form X and we will mail you a
> refund) then I would have followed that.  But there isn't.
>
> I have never been completely sure if MS Windows actually raises the cost of
> a computer anyway -- the companies pre-install a bunch of junkware and
> advertising that may (or may not) cover the cost of the Windows license.  If
> that is indeed the case then a computer without a Windows license may
> legitimately cost the same amount or more than the same computer with a Windows
> license due to the lack of subsidy from the bundled advertising.
>
> --

What is the probability that there could be any problems?
And you could refund of about $40 for inactivated window$. You would
have to give your laptop to the manufacturers service. And they would
erase all data on the hard drive. It seems to me they would also
notice if there's any technical problem with it.
I think if somebody considers of buying the cheapest netbook it's
better to save some additional money.
Just my 2 cents, you know...
--
Hiisi.