Re: F11 and jackd

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 22:07 -0400, lanas wrote:
> Le Lundi, 14 Sep 2009 18:25:02 -0700,
> Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > I've been running jackd successfully along with pulseaudio, though
> > with some xrun problems.  In order to avoid xruns, jackd needs a
> > whole lot of frames and periods, namely:
> > 	4096 frames, 4 periods
> > 	341 msec latency
> > and a kernel rebuilt to be preemtable.
> >
> > But now jackd seems to be running OK.
>
> Is there any updated HOWTO out there that describes the required steps
> to modify a Fedora 11 kernel configuration (perhaps for the prempt
> patch and such) and recompiling it ?

Rahul recommends:
        http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel
I've found it pretty useful.

But the easiest way to identify the kernel version is to put this line
into ~/.rpmmacros:
        %dist .fc11.<your-id>
in your case
        %dist .fc11.lanas
and to ignore the stuff about editing
        #% define buildid .local
This will identify anything you build, kernel or otherwise, as
        <whatever>.fcll.lanas.<whatever>
rather than
        <whatever>.fcll.<whatever>

All the best - jon