Re: snip extraneous quotes from your posts to the list, dammit

On 09/13/2009 10:35 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Robert L Cochran wrote:
Guidelines are voluntary.

So is providing help on the list. Not following the guidelines is a
good way to limit those willing to help you.

I don't crucify, burn at stake, hang, dismember or torture other list
people for doing things differently. We do not live in the 1400s any
longer.

Bob

I guess politeness has also gone out of style. Guidelines are to let
people know the way they are expected to behave in this community.
After all, things like changing you cloths, washing, etc are
voluntary. But you will have a hard time fitting in in most parts of
the world if this is the way you conduct yourself.

Mikkel
You all have very good points, but may I add one to those people who get a little tight under the collar when you don't do what they do, and you should because that's the way I do it. That is what's great about the Linux community , we all have different Ideals about the way it should be done, and I'll respect your Ideal if you will respect mine. After all that is what makes for a strong community. And that's why Linux and OSS will succeed.