Re: Automatic page numbering in OpenOffice

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> I'm not sure whether there is any way to set this up automatically other
> than creating a document or document template

The only way to get automatic page numbering on every new document seems
indeed to create a template this way:

(Note: Translation from french. Might not be 100% exact in english.)

Open a new document

F11
Standard
4th icon
Right click Standard
Modify
Enable footer
OK

In footer:

Insert
Field
Page number
Add /, or "of". or whatever
Field
Total pages

Save the document as a template:

File
Templates
Save as "My template", whatever

-------------------------

To use the template:

File
New
Templates and documents
Select your template

-------------------------

To edit the template:

File
Templates
Edit
Choose template
Open
F11
4th icon
Standard
Modify

You then get automatic page numbering on every new document you open with
this template. Of course, I have no idea if this is the most standard
procedure, but it does seem to provide expected results.

I can't help but wonder how this is accomplished in Word...