Re: What's with the ATI, fglrx drivers in FC11

2009/9/10 Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I don't see any fglrx driver in FC12 repo.

I think your card has a chipset which is RV500 or below. You should be
able to have full 3D support with both Radeon or Radeonhd open source
drivers.

And the reason F12 repos doesn't have the catalyst (the packages are
no more called fglrx, although internally the module is still referred
by that name) is probably because F12 is using a newer kernel. ATI
just released drivers with support for 2.6.30 (or 29 ? not sure about
the exact versions) a few months back. Before that proprietary drivers
were not available for F11 either.

Hope this helps answer your questions.
--
Suvayu