F11 scroll wheel problems

I have used a Microsoft trackball explorer 1 for a long time, and now with F11 the scroll wheel is acting funny. If, for instance, I am in Firefox, scrolling down is fine, but if I try to scroll back up, the browser skips to the previous page. I have two F11 boxes (32 and 64bit) and they both have the same problem. My F6 box, which uses the same trackball (kvm between all three) works fine.

I have searched the archives, and google generally, and cannot seem to find a solution. I have tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity settings, but it has no effect.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt@xxxxxxxxx

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous." - Churchill