Re: Latest kernel update for F11?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Roberto Ragusa <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Is there any automatically updated web page showing the latest greatest
> kernel version/build available for a given Fedora version, I mean,
> without getting into the repos?.
>
> Say, if I want to create a shell script to check the latest kernel on
> the repos and compare it with whatever is installed on the system, what
> would be the URL or place to check?

Is screen scraping the index file of an http/ftp mirror disqualified
because it is "getting into the repos"? :-)

Well, if there's no other way, I'll do that. I just wondered if somewhere @ fedora.org there was a html page listing the latest kernel version, and kept in sync with the repos...

A well thought "wget|grep|tail -1|cut" would do the job.

That's what I plan to do, I just wondered if there was some flag-file or html page listing that info that I could scrap.

FC