Re: KDE overrides gnome?

Am Montag, 7. September 2009 16:22:17 schrieb Christoph Höger:
> Hi there,
>
> since I installed KDE for testing and it failed in some aspects (see my
> kmail thread), I am noticing, that even under gnome I get some Qt
> dialogs now and then (e.g. nautilus starting as default file manager
You mean dolphin, don't you? Nautilus is the default Gnome file manager.
To change that, right-click on any folder in Dolphin, and click on the wrench
icon next to Type:	Folder.
Then you can move Dolphin up in the list that appears. Just "Apply", and it
should be OK.
If it only opens from Firefox, then I'd say there is something strange going
on...

> from firefox, policykit auth dialog).
> I do not want to start a flamewar, but I think that under gnome
> everything should be as gnomish as possible (and vice-versa under kde),
> so I _could_ blame firefox for the first example, but why the hell does
> policykit run a Qt dialog when it should run  a gtk dialog?
I don't know a good solution for that, but if you uninstall polkit-qt the
dialog should be the gtk dialog again.

> Christoph
Best regards, Julian