Re: stream goes broken when listening to some radio

2009/9/5 jack craig <jackc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> i use mplayer which in turn uses alsa audio/pulseaudio.
>
> i get a counter that shows cache size and does, on occasion, run dry making
> the stream stop.
> when this happens, i find a message re: audio in the /var/log/messages file.
>
> i suggest you look at this system log when you stream dies looking for
> explicit clues.
>
> then depending on what you see for a fact, decide your course of action.
> swapping kernels on a whim seems like swatting at flies with a 12 gauge...
> :-\
>
> FWIW, my fc10 seemed to work better, but my current fc11 has this symptom
> too.
>
> good luck, ...
>
> On 09/05/2009 08:57 AM, Antonio M wrote:
>>
>> 2009/9/5 Elliott Chapin<echapin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>

>>> Oh? Guess what I'm running :)

>>> --
>>> http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I installed gecko-mediaplayer and I conencted to same radio.....If I
>> start it from the song ticker, I can load blocks of 17 min 53 sec and
>> when each block is finished music stops and I have to re-issue a play
>> (button..)
>> If I start from the main page I get a counter for example of 7:53/2:08
>> where 7:53 increases with time but 2:08 doesn't increase.
>> I am confused
>>

> --
>   jack craig
>      jackc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         831-684-1375 (Office)
>            831-596-6924 (cell)
>               IM: jackcraigaptos (AIM)

No clues in var/log/messages but when Rhythmbox stops playing radio
stream I get in pulseaudio -vv:

I: module-device-restore.c: Storing volume/mute for device
sink:alsa_output.pci_8086_24d5_sound_card_0.
E: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but
there was actually nothing to write!
E: alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver
'snd_intel8x0'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
E: alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a
subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.
I: module-device-restore.c: Synced.
D: sink-input.c: Requesting rewind due to corking
D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink
alsa_output.pci_8086_24d5_sound_card_0 becomes idle.
I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink
alsa_output.pci_8086_24d5_sound_card_0 idle for too long, suspending
I: alsa-sink.c: Device suspended...

what is the component to bug-file against???

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag