F11 Upgrade Hangs

I am trying to upgrade my Fedora 10 system to Fedora 11. System is
x86_64 with a RAID1 Mirror.  /Boot is on this mirror, so I can't use
preupgrade (Bug 504826).  Instead, I downloaded the install DVD and
tried to do the upgrade.

If I choose "Upgrade Existing System",the upgrade starts and I
think /sbin/loader runs then it hangs at "Initializing Hardware."  I do
get a mouse pointer that starts working after a minute or so.  But
that's it.  Also, the text is shifted to the right.  So the information
starts on the far right of the screen and then wraps to the left.

When I then tried using the "Install using basic video driver" option,
my existing F10 installation isn't found.  Instead, an error of "error
reading device sda" is displayed and I am asked to reinitialize my
drives, which is something I'd rather not do.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Law