Re: F10 Update errors

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:08:36 -0400
vincent Onelli <vonelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For a period of time now every time there is an automatic update it is
> stopped because error, the following is the error info what I was able
> to get.
> For while I am using "yum clean metadata ; yum update"
> some time even here I get some line with error
> I am using HP zv6000 dual boot 1 Gb of memory, IDE hard disk 40 GB
> partition
> if any body has the answer I will appreciate very much and thank you
> in advance.  Vinny

I don't know if I have an answer, but I have some suggestions.

Edit /etc/yum.conf and change debuglevel=2 to debuglevel=6 or 10 so
you see more error messages.

Edit /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/refresh-packagekit.conf and turn it off.  The
first set of errors seem to be occurring in that component.  This is
because it is trying to access an empty list (that seems to be a bug as
it should have protection against that).  This might just be a symptom,
and there could be nothing wrong with this plugin.  This removes a
complicating factor from the problem.

The second set of errors is the same, the main yum process is trying to
access an empty list.  Maybe your rpm db is corrupted.  Try running rpm
--rebuilddb and when it completes try the yum command again.

Run yum-complete-transaction.

Run package-cleanup --problems

No guarantees, but these might help you get closer to diagnosing the
problem.