Re: Disappearing Kernels during Yum update

On 09/04/2009 08:43 AM, Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 08:10 -0400, Steven F. LeBrun wrote:

This brings up another question, why is installonly_limit set to 3 in
my yum.conf file when the manpage for yum.conf states that the default
is 0 (disable).  As I stated above, I have not changed any settings in
yum.conf.

This indicates that there is a discrepancy between the manpages and
the actual behavior.

Default for yum, when not configured otherwise.  Whereas Fedora has
preset a preference for three in the yum.conf file set up by them.

Since I've had some problems with new kernels, in the past; and I've
seen Fedora rapidly churn out several kernels, also in the past, I set
my limit at 6 kernels.

Thanks for the useful information!

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "Behold the lowly turtle," the astronaut had quoted. "He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out."
     -- Ben Bova, from "Return to Mars"