Re: selinux issue - please help

On 09/03/2009 08:42 PM, chloe K wrote:
Hi all

how I have to set the selinux to disable?

to make webserver work
and
mysql work too

if not setting to 0, apache error log

(13)Permission denied: access to /admin denied

and mysql error

090903 19:43:19  InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.
InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
InnoDB: the directory.
InnoDB: File name ./ibdata1
InnoDB: File operation call: 'open'.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.
Thank you

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free!

One way to disable SELinux is to add the option "selinux=0" to your "kernel /vmlinuz-..." line in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file.  This would allow you to set up different modes of booting your system.

Are you really sure that you want to disable SELinux?  If you are running a web server that is exposed to the Internet, I would think that you would want the protection that it offers.

I run a web server and MySQL on my home network and run SELinux at the same time.  It was a matter of setting SELinux boolean variables that directly affect Apache and setting the SELinux Context for the files and directories that Apache can access.

Try "man httpd_selinux" for details of SELinux setting that apply to Apache.

I did not have any problems with MySQL and SELinux so I am not sure what SELinux setting affect MySQL.

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy stories tell children that dragons can be killed."
     -- G.K. Chesterton