Re: Question on shredding a terebyte drive

After reading the entire thread, and watching the video, here is what I'd do.

Put the drive in a safe.

Go buy a new drive, and make use of it.

Drop the warranty claim even though it is valid. The company will save money in the end.

In about 10 years, or whenever the corporate data on the drive is deemed obsolete and nonsensitive, hold a Corporate Smash Day in which this drive and others are given to budding young technologists supplied with sledgehammers and other tools. Offer an all-expenses paid dinner to whoever reduces the drives to the smallest pieces.

Bob