Re: FC11 - KVM based VM become halt after heavy rsync

>> Any one facing same problem?..

>You don't say quite what you're doing, but if you are just copying the

>data (that is, there isn't a destination that is nearly the same), you

>might not need to use rsync at all, but some other file copy utility

>instead, such as scp (slow but secure and reliable). Umm, when I want

>to copy a few GiB from a VM to the host, I now shut down the VM and

>mount its root locally, and do a normal copy.

yes i am doing also doing --delete and --exclude some directories from a list. Here is command i am using

rsync -e ssh -l bkp-user -avR --delete --exclude-from=${EXCLUDES}

@Tony as i mentioned earlier, i am using my host VM for heavy REMOTE backups
so I cant shutdown/mount any of my REMOTE live box to take backup.

I have taken very big backups in past on xen based VM's.
Chocking Network due to heavy rsync is something amazing for me.

Any other solution will be appreciated.

Regards, Mateen

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.