Re: F11: Updating: caching problem with sqlite

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 21:47 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> Try opening up a terminal and typing
>
>   sudo yum clean all;sudo yum update

Before ANYONE tries "yum clean all" try "yum clean metadata".

The first erases everything in the yum cache, including all packages
that you may have downloaded but not yet installed.  Downloading them
again will be a waste of your bandwidth, and of the mirrors.  Doing this
is *rarely* *needed*.

The second just removes the local data about packages, which will be
recreated with the next "yum update..." (or yum install, or various
other yum commands).  Usually, this is all that's needed to work around
a mirror or database problem.

And before anyone offers that "yum clean all" bad advice, offer "yum
clean metadata" advice, FIRST.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686