Re: F11: CTRL-ALT-F2 not working

Alain Spineux wrote:
Hi

when pressing CTRL-ALTF-F2 to switch to text console, the screen stay
in graphic mode, only the mouse cursor disappears.
I can blindly login, type some command; see the hard disk light blink
at each command, then go back using ALT-F1 and see I logged in on
tty2.
But switching between tty1 an tty2 never change my display.

I have a Laptop Compaq Evo N610c with a ATI RADEON Mobility M7.
It was working fine with FC8.

Any idea?

By any chance are you doing this because your X session has stopped responding? The X server may have died, possibly due to driver issues. You don't say what release and kernel you run, there have been some recent FC11 upgrades which seem to help on other hardware.

You can do a ps command with X working and not working to see if the server has died. Someone can probably tell you how to restart it (other than reboot), my method makes people cringe and I won't share it, or even admit I do it. :-(

A possibility, since you are inviting guesses by lack of detail in the question.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"Now we have another quarterback besides Kurt Warner telling us during postgame
interviews that he owes every great thing that happens to him on a football
field to his faith in Jesus. I knew there had to be a reason why the Almighty
included a mute button on my remote."
			-- Arthur Troyer on Tim Tebow (Sports Illustrated)