Yet another hack

Ok, I'm crazy, That's a given. When you're hacked, you're crazy.

First time, a letter I was writing disappeared from memory.

Second time, a kmod package that was from testing was uploaded, while I
had never enabled testing.

This morning, as often happens, I had two icons for smplayer. I erased
one. In one fell swoop, all the following icons disappeared:

1) The 2 icons from smplayer

2) The icon to cut access to eth0.

3) The icon that indicates there are updates available: I was waiting for
kmod to be available before installing the updates.

4) The Klipper icon.

5) A new... CUPS? icon that tries to connect the printer. This was
installed recently with updates. A real pain, since my printer is almost
always off. Though the icon has disappered, I still get a message saying
that the printer is not connected.

I tried to re-enable Klipper and never could get it to work, though ps
says it's running. I removed it from the Startup applications menu and
created a launcher. Didn't work. Unless I specify otherwise, the icon from
application launcher appears. But when I drag the application to the
desktop, while it moves, the correct klipper icon appears.

Klipper still works perfectly in KDE.

On the update that preceded the most recent kernel update, the modem light
kept blinking after the whole installation was finished. For 2 or 3
seconds, I wondered which application could be connecting to the net. When
I saw there was none -- Firefox wasn't even open -- I jumped on the modem
switch to shut it off, but the transfer had ceased.

Don't tell me to take all my pills: I never forget one.