Re: packagekit broke rhythmbox

Bill Davidsen wrote:
Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

Using f10 here.

When I got to my desk this morning the system was still "cleaning up".
There was a popup on my desktop that showed a blue progress bar beneath
which was "sos".  Gee that's useful.  Had to manually kill the updater.
(should be called degrader ;)

Here is what "ps" has to say:

rhythmbox
 \_ /usr/libexec/gst-install-plugins-helper --transient-for=58720289
gstreamer|0.10|rhythmbox|text/html decoder|decoder-text/html

Don't interrupt downloads. I assume it was getting the
  /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sos
file when you killed it, probably leaving things python broken.

Thanks for the help, Bill.

I thought the sos was an s.o.s. :D

It had been 16 hours already and I'm on a 1.5meg dsl line so my guess is the interruption likely happened elsewhere. I'm just the evil killer :)

If the problem arose because of that, how do I repair the damage? I tried every yum thing I know, but removing python to re-install it would take most of the system with it.

The database is clean, no dupes, it verifies, and I'm stumped.

I just want my radio back ;(  <--- that's not a wink, it's a tear...